Flu Season is right around the corner, are you in the right mood to get through it? A recent study published in Brain, Behavior and Immunity, showed that your mood when receiving a flu shot vaccine may influence its effectiveness.
The study found that people that were in a good mood during the vaccination were more likely to increase its effectiveness.
Here are a few things you can do to boost your mood prior to your flu shot:
- Get your vaccine at a time when you don’t feel rushed
- Take a few deep, slow breaths to release any tension or anxiety about the vaccination.
- Don’t look at the needle when being vaccinated
- Make sure you have eaten and are well hydrated, this will make you less irritable or sensitive.
- Bring someone that is a calming influence to you
Stay healthy this season!