- Turkey, white & dark meat, with skin, 6 ounces
- Gravy, 1/3 cup
- Mashed potatoes, 1 cup
- Cranberry sauce, 1/3 cup
- Green bean casserole, 1 cup
- Sweet potato casserole topped with marshmallows, 1 cup
- Dinner roll, 1
- Butter, 1 tablespoon
- Apple pie, 1 slice
- Vanilla ice cream, ½ cup
To burn 1,000 calories you would have to:
- Run – 9 miles
- Bike – 22 miles
- Jump Rope – continuously for 90 minutes
For many, it may be easier to just cut 1,000 calories from the meal. Here are some simple ways to do this.
- Turkey – eat only 3 oz. of Turkey without the skin (Average calorie savings 200)
- Sweet potato casserole – ½ cup, without marshmallows (Average calorie savings 270)
- Green bean casserole – ½ cup, without the french onion topping (Average calorie savings 140)
- Mashed potatoes – ½ cup instead of 1 cup (Average calorie savings 200)
- Butter – Eliminate the butter for the dinner roll (Average calorie savings 100)
- Apple pie – ½ cup low-fat vanilla or low fat whipped cream (Average calore savings 160)
- Total calorie savings – 1060 calories!
By eating slowly you will feel the sensation of being full quickly and will be less inclined to go back for seconds. Have a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving!