Have you ever woken up with a stiff neck and wondered if your pillow is causing your neck pain? Well you could be right. Your pillow is very important in maintaining proper neck posture while you sleep. So what are the best types of pillows for neck pain?
Pillows are very individual so it is important to find one that bests fits you. But here are some of the best available options to meet your needs.
For side sleepers, use a pillow with a bulge/contour under the neck to help support proper spinal alignment.
- Sleep Innovations Memory Foam Contour Pillow
- Brookstone Biosense Shoulder Pillow
- Leesa Reversible Hybrid Pillow
- Classic Brands Cool Sleep Advanced Contour Cool Gel Memory Foam Pillow
For back sleepers, use a pillow that provides a firmer head support. Avoid too big or too thin.
- Classic Brands Cool Sleep
- My Pillow Premium
- Sahara Nights
- Best Cervical Orthopedic
- ISHOWStore Therapeutic & Ergonomic
- Bamboo Pillow
Pillows wear out faster than mattresses, so look to replace them every one to two years. Here is to a better night sleep with less back pain!